Monday, May 10, 2010

Writing Contest Winners!

I am excited to announce the Writing Contest winners! First, let me introduce the three judges and give them a big thank-you:


Details on the selection process: I did an initial read-through and selected 15 semi-finalists to send to the judges, with names and contact information removed from the essays to keep things totally fair and anonymous. I asked each judge to give me her top 5 choices with a short comment on their favorite. I also read through the essays multiple times and formed my own list of favorites. Not surprisingly, all of the judges' winning essays were on the top of my list. My final task--not easy at all--was to put the top essays in order.

Over the next several days, I will be posting the first, second, third and fourth place winners, in addition to a few honorable mentions. I also will announce the randomly-chosen winner of the Writing Contest handmade leather bag giveaway. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. I just laughed so hard. Of the many ways that I've described myself over the years, I've never referred to myself in terms of where I stuck my right leg while a baby came out of me.

    I'm excited to see who won, too. Thank you very much for the chance to read the entries and judge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I was trying to figure out what to say to describe you--all-around awesomeness came to mind at first--but I loved your Captain Morgan post and thought that readers who are new to you would definitely remember you after reading that one.

    BTW, new blog design?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww!

    Yes, I spent far too may hours on the computer last week trying to revamp the blog's design. It's getting there.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...