Monday, January 02, 2012

10 months old!

I was looking through similar posts from Dio's babyhood and getting really nostalgic. I love the baby stage so much and feel sad when it's over. I don't know how I'll ever be able to decide that I'm "done." But I don't think I'll keep on having children indefinitely, either. I'm 33 so one or two more children seems about right. Plus finding a vehicle becomes really tricky once you have more than 7 passengers!
Self-portrait

So, let's talk about what Inga is up to: she's cruising the furniture all the time, and a few nights ago I caught her standing up all by herself for about 5 seconds. I wouldn't be surprised if she walks fairly soon. Zari did at 10 months, while Dio took a bit more time and walked right before his first birthday.

Other new skills: pointing, clapping her hands, saying "mama mama" (it may or may not mean anything, though), pulling books off the shelf, "jumping" on the designated jumping bed, fast crawling, can climb up & down one stair.
Those little pointers. Picture by Zari.

Sleep: Most nights she goes to bed at 7:30 pm and wakes up to nurse twice around 3 and 6 am. Then she's up for the morning around 8 am. Because she's sleeping in, she's starting nap only once per day about half the time. It's been nice being on break from teaching an 8 am class. All of us sleep in until 8 am--lovely!

EC/diapering: Like with my other two kids, I potty Inga at regular intervals, either after naps or during diaper changes. She'll often pee for me, but lately she's been so busy that she doesn't want to sit down long enough to go. No big deal. Poops are more tricky since she usually goes in the early morning before she wakes up. Dio's been out of diapers for a while now (except for a backup one at night, but he's mostly dry at night, too).

Food: I've started letting Inga have tastes of food this month. She usually gets a handful of Cheerios and frozen peas when we're eating breakfast, then bits of fruits or vegetables during other meals. She's not a big eater, so most of her nutrition still comes from me. She likes to grind her top and bottom teeth together, just like my other two children. Sounds like she has a mouthful of rocks.

Now & Then: birth to 10 months
1 week old

10 months old
Lying down is for babies!
2 weeks old
10 months old

Those pesky legs kept coming up. Zari tried to help.

7 comments:

  1. My little guy does that grinding teeth thing every day a new tooth comes out (he does it on the day it breaks though) and it is the most irritating thing ever!! I agree, like a mouth full of rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh...Inga is so lovely! I love her mad picture -- adorable :)

    I am glad to hear of another mama who is feeling nostalgia at this age, and unsure on how to decide to be 'done'. I love all things pregnancy, I love my boys, and I certainly love babies, so it will be difficult for me as well!

    My youngest (#4) is 9 months old, and it's such a fun age, but he is changing from a baby to a boy so QUICKLY! I wish there were a way to bottle up this time in my life....*sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sofia loves to point too! She's also into touching everything with just one finger before she uses her whole hand.

    It's so good to 'see' your face, I feel like I've been gone from blogging for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you the baby stage! I would have at least two more... but I am 46 this march... my 2 year old and five year old are pushing for another, so we'll see though. =) Folks are quite surprised that I didn't have mine until so late. C'est la vie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like we live odd parallel lives! I have a 5, 3 and 1 yr old. I think we are due to have one more to complete our family. We drive a Dodge Sprinter (which can hold 10 total, but I think we will be done at 4!)

    I love this age. So much fun. Inga is such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...