Sunday, February 24, 2013

Pregnancy: Month 6

The month of December was busy preparing for family to visit. We repainted the upstairs hallway, back staircase, and master bedroom. That may not sound like much, but we had to repaint all of the baseboards, doors, crown moldings, and trim before we could paint the walls. That made everything take ten times longer. Plus we take forever to choose paint colors. I like that Eric cares about home decoration--but it definitely slows the process down!

I'm currently working on painting our living room. A few days ago, I decided that I really wanted the room done before the baby arrives, preferably by this coming weekend. I've painted all the baseboards and some of the crown moldings. It's a pain to be up on the stepladder, and I can only do so much before I get dizzy.

So this quilt square helps me remember my sixth month of pregnancy. I named it "Painting." 
 

7 comments:

  1. When I saw the thumbnail of this quilt square on Facebook, I thought the paint chips and paint brush would be the inspiration for the quilt square, but I didn't think it was actually your quilt square because it looked so real! This is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute square! (And that sounds like a ton of work! I'm sure you will be glad to have it done with the new little one arriving soon!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's funny that you're doing this...because I'm doing the exact same thing. My husband and a friend are completely renovating the bathroom (new walls and everything) and in the meantime, I'm trying to paint the whole house. Painting while pregnant is definitely not my idea of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear heavens above you always make me feel like such an under-achiever :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've joined the painting-the-whole-house group before baby gets here as well! We too have to go over everything and it's taking a while. Feels good to be nesting though :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just did the basement and I totally did it backwards. I painted the walls before the trim and I've learned my lesson! I've never painted trim before and now I completely understand why you do that FIRST.

    You should post pictures of your finished rooms. For all your hard work, you should have someone to ooohh and aaaahh over it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...