Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Infant scale recommendations

I have an infant scale sling customer looking for a good hanging scale for weighing newborns. She's willing to buy either a digital or mechanical scale. She tried this mechanical scale from In His Hands, but it failed on two points:
  • the hook was too small to hold both rings on the infant scale sling
  • it didn't zero out (tare) to account for the weight of the sling

I'd like recommendations for a good hanging scale that goes up to 12-15 lbs, shows increments of 2 oz or less, zeros out, and can hold a pair of aluminum rings. (The last thing is negotiable, since you could always attach a larger "S" hook or carabiner to the scale hook.)

Thanks for your help!

Red Bloom infant scale sling with red rings

1 comment:

  1. http://www.1cascade.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=0188

    I've used this scale now for decades and it is great. Matches perfectly with the slings. Used both the 15# and 12# design. I have not used the digital hanging scales but I'm sure they are easy. I appreciate the simplicity of these. The only annoyance is when I cannot weigh a baby that has gotten too big for the scale and that happens occasionally. They recalibrate easily and adjust to whatever sling weight your using.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...